We’ve talked about being Woke in our homes and workplaces, now it’s time to move onto the classroom. Listen for tips on how to change a classroom and what kind of learning environment you should be in.
5 Look-Fors in a WOKE Classroom
- Is the school attempting to get to know your child? (i.e. surveys, projects, sharing time, etc)
- Is the school attempting to get to know you? (i.e. inviting you to volunteer, parent newsletter, active PTA, etc)
- Do your homework on the teacher/school. What curriculums and strategies do they use?
- How is the curriculum being supplemented?
- Educate yourself discipline policies. Zero tolerance policies = bad Restorative Justice = good.
Please rate, review, and subscribe. We would love to know your thoughts❗
Find out more about the initiative to implement cultural representation in elementary school kids’ education. https://justlikemepresents.com/
FIND OUT WHAT ELSE YOU CAN DO ON YOUR RE: WOKE JOURNEY
FOLLOW JLM PRESENTS ON OUR MISSION